Sunday, March 16, 2008

90 minutes to be seen in Google Blog Search and get a Google Alert after email posting

Results will of course vary, but I thought I would give people a point of reference for how quickly a blog post might become available in Google Blog Search and Google Alerts. It took two minutes for Blogger to send me an email message indicating that Blogger had received my emailed blog post. It then took about 90 minutes before I received an email message from Google Alerts alerting me to a new blog post which happened to be mine. Now, it might be that Google Blog Search saw my new blog post somewhat quicker and that a larger chunk of the full 90 minutes simply included the latency for processing of the alert.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home