Sunday, March 09, 2008

Entering Greek letters in a blog post

In my previous blog post I needed to refer to a word in Greek ("qumsz"), but there does not appear to be any easy way to enter Greek letters in Blogger. I composed my post in Outlook Express and submitted it via email. I was surprised that it came out as well as it did.

I used Microsoft Word and selected the Symbol font to compose the Greek word in a dummy document and then copy and pasted the Greek word into me email post text. Word has an Insert Symbol feature that allows you to see the graphics for the symbol codes in a map and then you can click on the symbol to insert it rather than figure out what special keys might be needed. Alas, neither Outlook Express nor the Blogger post editor have such a feature, so I had to resort to using Microsoft Word.

I don't think the Symbol font has any of the accented Greek letters, such as the accented "o" that I needed.

Maybe some kind reader has mastered the tricks for entering full Greek text on a normal PC keyboard and without any fancy software.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home