Friday, February 02, 2007

Experimental blogging on Microsoft Windows Live Spaces

I'm starting to play around a bit more with blogging on Microsoft Windows Live Spaces. This is simply as an experiment. It doesn't feel as useful to me as Blogger, yet.

But, I am getting a little more comfortable with it. Especially since I figured out how to easily view only the blog and not all of the other "decoration" that you get with a full-blown "space".

Here is my Live Spaces blog: Jack Krupansky - My blogging outpost on Live Spaces.

That link takes you to the stripped-down blog. This link takes you to the fully "decorated" space.

My latest experiment is to email a post that has a linked picture embedded in it. I do this all the time with Blogger, and can do it now with Live Spaces if I email from Outlook Express, but it is problematic using full-blown Outlook. That's odd, but I'm investigating it further.

There are other ways of easy posting to Live Spaces, such as directly from Word, and the new Live Writer tool. Each has their advocates, but I like the sheer simplicity and convenience of posting via email, probably since that's where I do most of my work these days anyway.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home