Thursday, December 21, 2006

Blogging from New York City

I'm spending two weeks on "vacation" in New York City. I just arrived late last night. Actually it was early this morning (1:53 a.m.) before I actually got to my room. My flight from Seattle would have been on time and landed at 12:02 a.m., but ATC put us in a holding pattern for 20 minutes, causing me to just miss the 12:30 a.m. bus, so I had to catch the 1:00 a.m. CoachUSA bus to Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express Chelsea that is on 29th Street between 7th and 8th Avenue. I got a really quite room in the back even though work crews were jackhammering a hole in the middle of the street in front of the hotel. The good news is that the hotel has free wireless Internet access, which is what I am using at this moment in my room.

It's already after 10:00 a.m., so time to go off in search of adventure in "The City". I'm thinking of doing my normal Saturday routine (since it may rain on Saturday) of wandering around all of lower Manhattan. The only thing I will miss is that there is no farmer's market at Union Square on Thursdays (I vaguely recall).

Hmmm... I tried to send this via my normal email process, but there is oviously some ISP settings issue. Instead, I am sending via webmail from Fatcow, where my web site and email is hosted. I'll try to figure it out later, maybe, but it does make sending email significantly more inconvenient. Sigh.

-- Jack Krupansky


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home