Monday, January 05, 2009

Where did all the old spammers go?!?!

Overnight I received only one spam email message. Usually I would have two dozen or more. I did not receive a dozen all weekend. Also, I noticed that the spam messages I currently receive are newer formats and that I am not seeing any of the older formats. This suggests that something indeed happened to the older spammers. Maybe the recession killed them.

I have my email spam filters set to pass through all messages (so that I never lose any messages) but with "[SPAM]" tags on the subject lines so they can easily be deleted. I have not changed my settings recently.

Anybody else seeing a dramatic decline in incoming spam email messages?

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home