Thursday, December 11, 2008

Google Chrome browser now out of beta

As noted in the media, the Google Chrome browser is now available in a non-beta release.

I just updated and it took less than five minutes. Go into Tools > About and you will see a message saying that a new release is available. Click the "Update Now" button, and wait. After the update is installed, you have to exit from Chrome and restart the browser.

I updated from release 0.4.154.29 to 1.0.154.36.

So far, I haven't seen any problems.

All of my bookmarks are intact, but I still do not see any option to sort them.

I am still not using Chrome as my default browser. I'll give it a week and then decide. I should see if IE 8 is available yet... yes, it is... downloading Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 now! It will be interesting to compare the two. I found Chrome to open tabs much faster than IE 7, so we will see how IE8b2 compares.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home