Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The comment from hell

I just made an innocuous blog post about an upcoming philosophy discussion and it quickly got a comment that I am calling "the comment from hell", which is a very long rant that starts with:

The vast majority of website operators don't have the guts to allow this post, anything like it, any searchable lines, or links. They have been deleted more than 90% of the time. The vast majority of syndicated talk radio hosts are screening their calls and won't allow this topic. The vast majority of callers don't have a clue. We are in big trouble. The truth is so Earth shattering, that no public figure has the guts to acknowledge it. Very few have the guts to allow a statement anything like this in their forum. The truth is being suppressed. We are in much more serious trouble than we have been told by any public figure. Don't be fooled by fluctuating economic indicators or short term market stability. The entire foundation of our economy is crumbling. Get ready people. Get your affairs in order. Get your households in order. Get your communities in order. Be prepared. This is no 'correction'. This is no ordinary recession. This won't be just another Great Depression. This will be much worse. Save this post now before it gets deleted.

And it ends with:

1% CLUB PIGS: My right to remain anonymous is protected by federal law. If this right is violated, I will sue everyone involved and give 99% of the reward directly to my less fortunate fellow citizens. The rest, I will use to print up more copies of this document. DEAL WITH IT.

When pasted into a Word document it is 30 pages long! With a good number of spelling errors

Sure I could easily delete it, but I find it amusing.

I did a Google search for "The vast majority of website operators don't have the guts" and get 132 hits, so I am not the first and only target for this rant.

I am curious what the motive is for posting such a long rant as a comment. After all, most people will simply ignore it.

Anybody have any clues as to what "the comment from hell" is really all about? It certainly did not relate to my post that it appeared on.

-- Jack Krupansky

3 Comments:

At 12:50 PM EDT , Blogger Jack H said...

It's a mental dysfunction at work here. Really it is. Doesn't matter re the politics -- it's the tone and the sense of persecution. I got the same thing, randomly pasted into a post that had nothing to do with the rant. At least it gave me something to write about.

http://forgottenprophets.blogspot.com/2009/04/annonnymouse.html

It really is sincere. How sad.

J

 
At 11:45 PM EDT , Blogger Robert W. said...

Hey Jack,

I received 3 attempts to post with that msg, including twice today. I never do of course, so I wonder if the fellow is insane or it's automated.

Either way, looks like we have our very own Teddy K on the loose!

Robert

 
At 10:23 PM EDT , Blogger Alessandro Machi said...

Yeah, this person has posted it twice on my blog as well.

I actually agree with a lot of it. However, to repeatedly post such a long message all over the blogosphere wastes bandwidth.

I was tempted to start a blog just to post that one message and then hopefully when people googled the phrase and saw that it was posted in its entirety already, they could delete the version they got and simply put a link to the 30 page rant.

Anybody know where that 30 page post could be hosted so we could just put a link to it and in essence refute the claim that "we don't have the guts" to not delete it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home