Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My new blog still not showing up in Google Blog Search

My new Blogger blog, SemanticAbyss.com, is still not showing up in Google Blog Search. One possibility is that there might be some waiting period before a new blog is included in search results to try to filter out splogs that will eventually be caught and removed by Blogger.

I do have a link to the new blog from one of my non-blog web sites which is already indexed by the major search engines, so eventually my new blog will show up in the main Web search engines.

I am a little disappointed. My recollection is that the last time I created a new blog in Blogger it showed up in Google Blog Search fairly quickly. Maybe they are simply filtering in a more methodical (and slower) manner these days.

I was hoping that I would not have to manually submit the new blog since it is linked from a non-blog web site.

I'll wait another two or three days and then ping Blogger support if necessary.

I have also noticed that Google Blog Search is not giving expected results for queries I have made recently. It seems as if they have some bugs or index corruption, or something fishy going on.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home