Saturday, January 26, 2008

RE: distinctions between blog search engines and traditional search engines

After posting my recent post entitled "Is the distinction between a blog search engine and a traditional search engine growing meaningless?", I decided to call it to the attention of the Blogspotting crew in a creative manner by issuing them a challenge in a comment on their blog post entitled "Remove "blogs" from the headline?":

"... the distinction between a blog search engine and a traditional one is growing meaningless."
---

Sorry for the delayed comment, but I wanted to think about this a bit more thoughtfully before shooting from the hip.

I have written up a full blog post commenting on this point of the meaningfulness of the distinction between blog search engines and traditional Web search engines.

My challenge for you (or any reader):

Try finding my post using both a blog search engine (of your choice) and a traditional Web search engine (of your choice) and think about what the experience was like and then tell us about the distinctions or lack thereof and their meaning or lack thereof.

-- Jack Krupansky

To be honest, I have not tried this challenge myself. Actually, I do have an excuse: I need to wait for the various search engines to crawl and index my blog post. I'll give you one guess which form of search engine will show my post first!

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home