Sunday, January 15, 2006

Truth is optional

I was reading a little more commentary this morning on the James Frey "scandal" and I find it truly appalling how many otherwise reasonable people feel that what Frey did (fabricate and pass it off as a "true story") is really "okay". Not just okay, but even admirable.

Sad to say, but it does seem that truth is optional these days.

In fact, too much truth appears to be a distinct negative.

Dishonesty does in fact pay.

Sigh.

Click here to visit the Amazon entry for another James Frey book, "My Friend Leonard". I do get a slight commission if you buy through that link. Hey, if dishonesty is going to pay, why shouldn't people who are honest get a little piece of the action too?

And click here to visit the Amazon entry (and buythe Frey book, "A Million Little Pieces".

The Amazon page for the Leonard book also lists "James Frey's List of Books You Should Read" and Frey's answers to Amazon's Significant Seven questions. I especially enjoyed this one:

Q: What is the worst lie you've ever told?
A: No way I can answer that.

I wasn't able to tell if that Q/A was done before or after the scandal broke.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home