Saturday, August 06, 2005

No escape from the blogosphere

Despite my plans to "leave" the blogosphere on the six-month anniversary of my participation as a blogger (August 18, 13 days to go), the reality is that this won't be a complete escape from the so-called blogosphere.  Even though I will cease posting and cease reading and commenting on blogs, the simple fact is that blog posts are stored as web pages and Google and the other search engines do index them, so there will be innumerable opportunities for me to "visit" the blogosphere as I use Google, et al to as a research tool.  Well, maybe this still constitutes "escape", and merely amounts to "returning to the scene of the crime."  Or, maybe this is a little like being on probation.

There is also the very real possibility that some future consulting work could very well require me to do some blogging.  That would be fine with me.  I have no objection to blogging, but simply presently have no compelling reasons to continue blogging.  I would note though, that none of the job descriptions for software developers and and consultants that I've seen over the past months has even used the word blog as part of what's required for the job.  They frequently mention the need for excellant communication skills, but no mention of blogging.  This illustrates how despite the great clamor about blogging, there are still vast untold swaths of computer-based activity that don't require blogging as a job requirement.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home