Saturday, August 06, 2005

LinkedIn to also go under my ax?

On to the next cannon to clear from the decks so I can have more of my own attention back: LinkedIn.

Nominally, it's supposed to be a great business networking tool, but after 18 months of determined use, I simply am not discovering any significant value with it.  I've put a lot of effort into it and have built up a modest network of 62 connections.  It's a lot of work just to get your first 20 connections.  And what do I have to show for all of this work?  Virtually nothing.  It's hardly more than a not-so-convenient online address book.  Frankly, if I want to make a connection, I find the person's web site or web page using any search engine and fire off an email.  Not to mention the fact that I have a lot of business cards for people who have shied away from using LinkedIn.

I don't have a drop-dead liberation date for LinkedIn, but let's just say that it's on my "hit" list.  Maybe I'll ax it on my six-month blogging anniversary.  Or, maybe I'll simply leave it as is, but not invest another two seconds of my time on it.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home