Friday, June 10, 2005

Dramatic productivity boost discovered for reading blogs

I've recently discovered a pair of techniques that have enabled me to dramatically boost my blog reading productivity:
  1. There is absolutely no need to try to read every blog every day.  Little is lost by focusing on a smaller subset that happen to pique your interest at the moment and leave the rest for a day when they happen to pique your interest.
  2. I simply read only the first page of posts that appear in my web feed aggregator (Bloglines or NewsGator) and ignore the rest of the posts, unless I happen to feel like looking at some more.  Sure, I am probably missing some interesting or even important stuff, but if I didn't have techniques for keeping my blog reading productivity high, I simply couldn't read a lot of those blogs at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home