Saturday, April 09, 2005

Unable to get listed in the big web directories

I've try to get my web sites and blogs listed in the Google Directory, the Open Directory Project, and the Yahoo directory, but have had no luck. No explicit rejections either, but absolutely no responses after over a month. Yahoo does have an "express" premium subscription service that guarantees 7-day service, but its beyond my budget.

My original web site (Base Technology) is in fact in the Yahoo directory, from way back in the 1990's. It's category is wrong, but I'd rather let sleeping dogs lie. But you may not have any luck clicking on my site since unfortunately today has been a very bad day for my web hosting service (FatCow), with all of their services, both hosting and email, completely down, for some unknown reason. And Google Gmail is still in-bound-only for use with Outlook Express.

-- Jack Krupansky

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM EDT , Blogger cass said...

Open Directory can take awhile, like a month or longer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home