Friday, April 08, 2005

Yet another cryptic error from blogger

No sooner had I succesfully posted my last post, then I click on the Blogger icon in the upper left corner of my blog to get to the Blogger "dashboard" and I immediately get the "Ghost-White Screen of Death" from Blogger:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@blogger.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
I hit refresh (F5) and I'm back on track, but it's rather disheartening to see such incredibly poor human factors design. I think all web applications need a "middle end" so that probelms on the server can be handled in both a user-friendly and fail-soft manner. If all I had to do was hit F5, why couldn't Blogger have software to do that automatically on their end? Duh! Welcome to the world of software systems designed and implemented and deployed and maintained without one iota of professionalism or "adult supervision". But, that's the world we live in today, so we have to put up with it.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home