Sunday, April 17, 2005

Blogging map

I ran across something called feedmap or Blogmap that is designed to show a map of where your web feed is located and can give your readers a count and list of other bloggers near you that are also using feedmap/Blogmap. Just as an experiment, here's the feedmap for this blog:


If this works, maybe I'll add it to the right side of my blogs. We'll see.

It seems to work and it is cute and clever and interesting, to me, but I'm not sure how much value it has for any of my blog readers who are not near me. Incidentally, I'm in Boulder, Colorado right now even though I live in New York. That means that I have to manually update my location (or the location of my blog feed) when I travel or head home.

I first saw this Blogmap/feedmap feature on Robert Scoble's Scobleizer blog.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home