Sunday, April 19, 2009

Google Chrome issue: unable to view DOJ torture memos

I discovered that I cannot use Google Chrome to view the DOJ "torture" memos that were released a few days ago. I get a "109" error for each of them and then the browser tab is simply an empty white document and inactive. But... I can view them successfully in Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, so there is no problem with the PDF viewer per se. This suggests that Google has some issue with how they integrated the Adobe PDF reader/viewer.

The exact error message:

Adobe Reader

There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (109).

I am using Google Chrome version 1.0.154.53, running under Windows XP SP3 on a Toshiba notebook PC.

Now, (unfortunately) back to IE. Talk about torture!

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home