Monday, March 02, 2009

My AdSense clickthrough rate (CTR) for the month of February 2009 was...

My AdSense click-through rate (CTR) for the month of February 2009 was... OOPS! Sorry, but Google has forbidden me from disclosing my click-through rate. As per the AdSense Terms and Conditions:

7.  Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Property performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google's gross payments to You pursuant to the Program. Google Confidential Information does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google, or information that has been (i) independently developed without access to Google Confidential Information, as evidenced in writing; (ii) rightfully received by You from a third party; or (iii) required to be disclosed by law or by a governmental authority.

I can tell you that my net income from Google AdSense for the five months from September 2008 through January 2009 were a whopping $100.27, a whole $20 per month (simple average.) The T&C permit this disclosure (from above):

However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google's gross payments to You pursuant to the Program.

Technically, I probably cannot tell you my earnings for the month of February 2009 or any other individual month since Google granted the right to disclose only "gross payments to You" and there was no "payment" for February. But, you would be able to disclose payment for each month provided that your net earnings for the month were not less than $100, the minimum payment. Also, technically, you would not be permitted to even disclose that monthly earnings until the day when the payment is actually made and legally constitutes "a payment to You."

The T&C also proscribe me from disclosing my total page impressions and number of clicks.

In theory, I would be permitted to give you page impressions if I had independent analytics to determine that number, but since all of my blogs are on Blogger, I do not have any analytics available to me. I suppose I could put a "site counter" on my blogs.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home