Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Should you host your professional blog somewhere other than Blogger?

Everybody knows that only "amateur" bloggers use Blogger and host their blogs on Google's blogspot.com, or so I thought that everybody knew. But is it really true? Honestly, I have no idea. Nonetheless, Dharmesh Shah has a Hubspot blog post entitled "Why Your Business Blog Shouldn't Be On BlogSpot.com" which offers four top reasons why your business should not be on blogspot.com:

  1. Google Doesn't Need The Help
  2. Domain Lock-In
  3. Transferring Data Is Unreasonably Hard
  4. Mediocre Feature-Set

Read his post for the details.

Meanwhile, all of my blogs are hosted on Blogger, blogspot.com. Most of them are strictly "business" in terms of content and purpose, but with none of them getting more than 50 page views a day or 300 page views total across all of my blogs and Web sites, I cannot honestly say that they constitute a real, thriving business. So, there is no pressing need for me or anybody else in a similar position to contemplate a move to other than Blogger and blogspot.com.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home