Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Missing imported bookmark in IE or just out of order?

I went to use one of my Firefox bookmarks that I had imported into IE and didn't see it, but I've seen similar problems in the past. The bookmark was in fact in the IE Favorites list, but at the end. All I needed to do was sort the list by bringing up the appropriate favorites sub-menu, right click, and choose the "Sort by Name" option, and presto, my bookmarks are once again in order.

The problem occurs because I kept my existing bookmarks before importing and IE just put the imported items at the end of the menu. If I ever import again, I'll clear out the old favoriates before importing the new.  Make sure to export IE's old bookmarks first in case something goes wrong and they need to be restored.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home