Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Exporting bookmarks from Firefox as an HTML web page

Since I can no longer use Firefox as my browser for viewing links in Outlook Express email messages, one of the first things I need to do is get my bookmarks out of Firefox. There is an export feature and it creates a nice HTML web page containing my bookmark hierarchy. I copied that page and modified it a little and posted it on one of my web sites. You can see it here.

That doesn't quite get my bookmarks back into IE (where I have an older version of the bookmarks), but I wanted to get them out of the browser anyway, partially since some people would like to know where I get some of my information.

The Firefox Bookmark Manager has has an Export option on it's File menu.

-- Jack Krupansky

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://bookmarkshome.mozdev.org/index.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home