Friday, January 06, 2006

Why does New Jersey have so little credibility?

I was born and grew up and went to school in New Jersey, and although I no longer live there, I just can't fathom why the state of New Jersey has so little credibility.

I just ran across this text in an email distribution today:

Incorporate testimonials from users of your software in your [web content] whenever possible and always fully identify them. Bill Jones, IT manager of Acme, Inc., has credibility. Bill J. from New Jersey has none.

Sigh.

Personally, I prefer the anonymous attributions. Giving lofty-sounding details sounds more like name-dropping and reduces credibility in my mind.

So, Bill J., wherever you are in New Jersey, keep on plugging away. At least you have credibility with me.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home