Saturday, January 21, 2006

Test: permalink after title has been modified

The purpose of this post is see what Blogger does to the permalink URL for a post if you modify the title of the post after it has been published.

Blogger does what I believe is the right thing when initially creating the post and uses text similar to the post title as part of the actual URL for the permalink.

So, the question is whether the permalink gets revised if I revise the post title after the post is published.

First, I'll publish this post with the title "Test: permalink if title is modified."

Then, I'll go into Blogger's post editor and change the title to "Test: permalink after title has been modified."

My expectation is that the permalink URL will initially end with something like "/test-permalink-if-title-is-modified.html", and that the permalink will not change after I revise the post title text. That's my unproven theory.

Here goes...

-- Jack Krupansky

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM EST , Blogger Jack Krupansky said...

Oh well, my test "failed". Blogger actually revised the permalink URL for this post, so that it now ends with "/test-permalink-after-title-has-been.html", and if I try to go to the riginal permalink URL, I get a useless "Not Found" error message. Sigh.

This is *not* what I would consider "correct" behavior on Blogger's behalf.

Anybody have any experience with this issue with other blogging packages?

-- Jack Krupansky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home