Sunday, March 27, 2005

Up on Feedster, sort of

I'm at least partially running on Feedster now. I say partially because the user interface is so bad that I'm unable to tell what some operations are really doing.

I have added a "Sub Feedster" button to this blog and it seems to work, but it may take a few hours to see if it really does update properly. In fact, Feedster refused to accept my blog feed URL even though it had confirmed that I had added the feed properly. It did note that I may have to wait a few hours, for my feed to be included in their update cycle. I had to enter somebody else's feed URL and then edit it manually after Feedster gave me the HTML snippet for the button.

I tried to do an "Export Feeds" and the XML had all sorts of random feeds and not some of my own.

So far, I'm not terribly impressed and am exhausted by all of the effort required to set up the software to perform simple tasks. It's as if none of the software designers has learned anything from the past 50 years of computing history.

-- Jack Krupansky

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM EST , Blogger rafer said...

Jack,
Are you referring to the MyFeedster RSS aggregator or some other part of the site?
Scott Rafer
Feedster

 
At 2:44 PM EST , Blogger Jack Krupansky said...

The subheader of the web page says "MyFeedster :: Use your personalized aggregator", which is is a very strange wording. I would suggest a rewording as "MyFeedster - Your Personal Aggregator".

-- Jack Krupansky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home