Saturday, March 26, 2005

Google AdSense ads on a Blogger blog

I finally got up the nerve to slog through the HTML template swamp to put Google AdSense ads on my Blogger blog -- and I'm sure that you readers are thrilled about it, too. I've been using AdSense adds on my main web sites for quite some time and Blogger has advertised that they're available on Blogger blogs, but gave no instructions for how to add them to the HTML template. Sure, it's easy to use Google's web tools to get the ad script snippet that you need to insert, but figuring out how to insert it in the Blogger HTML template is not so easy. I know a fair amount about HTML, but not enough about style sheets to be very confident.

I'm not completely satisfied that I've found the magic solution to do Blogger ads in the optimal manner, but it works well enough. You're welcome to view the source text for my blog and figure out where the ad script is placed. Please note that you need to sign up with Google's AdSense program to run ads on your own blog.

I will make the point that the job would have been much easier if I had used a small "Ad Links unit" on the right side of the page, but I was determined to use the "wasted" space on the left rather than move any of the useful info on the right side any further down.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home