Thursday, March 24, 2005

Bloglines for aggregating zillions of blog feeds

Now that I'm monitoring several dozen blog feeds, it's out of the question to manually go visit even the "important" ones. The solution is to use an "aggregator". There are many available, but to start out easy I chose Bloglines which lets you enter and organize any number of blog feeds.

I especially appreciate the "Show only updated feeds" options which displays only the names of my selected feeds that have recent updates, as well as how many recent updates are available for each feed. Once you read the posts for that feed, it falls off the update list until it has new updates. Nice and simple. Maximal gain for minimal pain.

I've only been using Bloglines for a few hours, but it seems to fit my current needs nicely.

BTW, you can view or even copy my "public blogroll".

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home