Sunday, September 07, 2008

Anybody know the Chrome shortcut to navigate to the bookmarks list?

I have been trying out Google's new Chrome browser. It has some interesting advantages, but the main obstacle preventing me from using it in my normal activities is that I cannot find the shortcut key to navigate to the bookmarks. Chrome did a great job of importing my IE favorites when I downloaded and installed it and they are all there in chrome to see, but you have to navigate to the list using the mouse rather than a keyboard shortcut. For example, in IE I can press Alt, "a", "w", right arrow, "n", "n", Enter and up comes the National Hurricane Center Web page, but in Chrome I have to drag the mouse way over to the upper right corner of the window and click on "Other bookmarks" before I can navigate using the keyboard. And, to add insult to injury, Chrome automatically sorted my bookmarks so the key sequences are now different. And, since it shifted my Weather folder down to the bottom of the list, it is off-screen and requires an extra keystroke to access it.

Overall, Chrome looks good, but I have not yet seen any compelling advantage for an average user.

I will certainly consider using Chrome more... if and when I figure out how to navigate to the bookmarks list with a single keystroke or two.

Ctrl+B does toggle the bookmarks bar, but that is not what I am talking about. I want the equivalent of alt, "a" in IE.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home