Monday, July 28, 2008

Cuil load problem

I have experimented a bit with this new search engine called Cuil. It has some interesting features, but on some relatively simple queries I get the following error messages:

No results because of high load...

Due to excessive load, our servers didn't return results. Please try your search again.

And if I click "Search" repeatedly, it just gives the same error.

But if I enter another query, I get results right away.

I suspect that cuil caches the queries, and that they have a load problem such that they presently do not have the resources to process or cache new queries that they have not seen before.

As the message says, I will try my search again... later.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home