Saturday, April 14, 2007

What is the best computer for blogging?

So much of what I do with computers in my personal life (as opposed to my work life at The Evil Empire) is simple text, namely email and basic blogging, plus basic web browsing. So, the question is what type of personal computer would be "best" for these activities. I'm not into podcasting, digital photography, video editing, and that whole nine yards, but simply need a basic information appliance.

Traditionally, I have been content with a mid-range notebook computer, partly due to doing a fair amount of software development tasks as well as basic information appliance tasks, but now that I have a full-time job with dedicated systems for that work, my own personal machine can be dedicated to email, blogging, and web browsing. I do a very modest amount of web page editing as well, but very little in the way of graphics.

I'm thinking that maybe I can pull back and start going with a low-end notebook computer in the $600 range, as opposed to a mid-range notebook computer in the $1,200 to $1,500 range. In truth, some of these basic low-end machines are just as capable as what I am used to.

Since I actually don't even need all the power of my current machine, that means that it will probably be good enough for my needs for another year or two, in which case the question of a new machine is moot for at least the next year.

Nonetheless, the original question remains: What kind of notebook PC is ideal for blogging?

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home