Saturday, April 21, 2007

Moderated comments still suck

Last weekend I wrote about how a comment I made on a mainstream media blog was not posted promptly, and in fact had not yet been posted even two days later. Finally, this past Thursday I received an email from the blogger informing me that my moderated comment was finally posted, six days later.

I know, MSM bloggers have more important things to do, but this delay seemed totally out of character with the "in the moment" character of the Blogosphere.

I would have thought that MSM offices would make arrangements so that comments could be moderated promptly (within an hour or so) by clerical staff if the blogger is not able to do so themselves. The blogger might decide to re-moderate the comment differently later, but at least the "flow" of  "The Conversation" would not be degraded.

Here's the blog post with my comment.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home