Thursday, December 08, 2005

AOL Journal - Poli Ticks - Ramblings on politics

Although I am nominally out of the blogging business, I have started a small experiment over on AOL Journals.

I read a story about a huge controversy over AOL's decision to place ads on the top of the free journals that people had created.

Personally, that seems fairly reasonable to me, given AOL's business model. Especially since an AOL Journal is *free* even for people (like me) who are not AOL subscribers.

In any case, I decided to start a small blog on AOL Journals to see how bad the ads really were. It's a blog on my political ramblings, entitled Poli Ticks. Interestingly, it is number one in Google for that name.

So far, I don't find the ads to be offensive, but simply amusing. Yes, I would like to run Google AdSense ads, but unless you have a lot of traffic, it's not a big deal.

File the whole AOL Journal ad controversy in the "" category.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home