Thursday, March 31, 2005

Another REALLY BAD day with Blogger

This is ridiculous. Besides that fact that email posting is now a solid no-op (they get returned many hours later with a crypric, non-user friendly "Mail Delivery System" error), Blogger has been unable to fully post a number of my posts. I was able to create the posts using Blogger's post editor, but then clicking the "Publish Post" button would simply present me with various error screens, including some advising me that "the engineers" have been notified. After restarting Blogger and navigating to the "Edit Posts" screen I can see that my new posts have in fact been captured and are in fact sitting there, but they simply have not been actually "published" so that they appear on my blog or my blog feed.

I fully recognize that Blogger (and Google) are going through teething pains and a heavy demand, but I do have to truthfully report what I actually experience here. If you have an urgent business need to start a blog, right now you'll have to do it elsewhere, such as TypePad. I'm going to stick with Blogger fow now, since I expect they'll upgrade their systems fairly shortly, and I don't really want to change my blog or feed URLs.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home