April Fool's Day is a perfect fit for the Occupy Movement
Usually I cringe at the silliness of April Fool's Day, but I see that it is a perfect and natural fit for the Occupy Movement, where they tweet about the way things "should" be but "sadly" aren't. Actually, that sounds a lot like what they do most of the time anyway.
- Bankers arrested! (NOT)
- Brookfield properties renames Zuccotti Park to Liberty Square and gives Occupy Wall Street control (NOT)
- Ray Kelly resigns as NYPD commissioner (NOT)
- Walmart open to unionization (NOT)
- Monsanto phases out GMOs (NOT)
- Rush Limbaugh supports Planned Parenthood (NOT)
- Moratorium on old-growth forest logging (NOT)
- GOP supportive of women's reproductive rights (NOT)
- Shell pledges money for oil spill cleanup (NOT)
- TransCanada scraps plane for Keystone pipeline (NOT)
Hmmm... most of these items have nothing to do with Wall Street per se. That illustrates perfectly how un-focused the whole Occupy Wall Street movement has been.