Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Google Chrome bug: Not always able to properly display FedEx web site

I continue to use Google Chrome as my main browser, but not as my default browser since there are still too many sites that it cannot display properly. The latest I have ancountered is that FedEx.com is not always displayed properly. It seems to have the same problem as GoogleFinance where the first time is fine, but if I visit the site again in a new browser tab the map of the world is not shown and you cannot select a country. In addition to the world map being absolutely blank (white), the dropdown list of countries is simply not there to select from.

As a workaround, I can close Chrome, restart Chrome, browse to FedEx.com and the world map and dropdown list are once again properly displayed.

Sometimes I actually can re-visit the web site and it displays properly. I am not sure what condition controls whether display of some web sites is always messed up the second time around versus only sometimes being messed up.

Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE 8) and Firefox display this page properly.

I am running Google Chrome version 2.0.172.43. Should be the latest.

Overall, I remain reasonably content with Chrome.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home