Monday, June 11, 2007

Does wordsmithing really matter for blog posts?

Most people do a fairly credible job of wordsmithing their blog posts, with decent grammar, few misspellings, reasonable punctuation, and readable formatting, but I see quite a few blog posts where sloppiness is the rule rather than the exception, and from people who should know better, but the real question is whether such wordsmithing really matters much at all.

If a blogger has something interesting (or salacious) to say, people will want to read it regardless of the sloppiness of the wordsmithing. It is as if some people simply do not care, even though they must know that such sloppiness comes across as amateurish and decidedly unprofessional.

I try to do my best in this area, but alas, I am no "English geek."

This brings me back to the headline question: Does wordsmithing of blog posts matter much at all.

Part of me wants to say "Yes", but the practical part of me says "Apparently not."

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home