Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blogger bug: Colon in post title causes title text to be mangled

I tried to use the following text for the title of my previous post:


Blogger bug: View Blog for new post needs refresh

but it gets posted as:


logfor new post needs refresh

The colon triggered the malfunction.

So, I changed it to a dash and that works fine.

I don't think I ever encountered this problem when posting via email.

Funny, I tried to reproduce the problem with this post, but instead of mangling the title, I lose the labels and the most recent edit of the post when I click on the "edit" icon for the post.

Turns out, there is a workaround for that as well: do a browser "refresh" after you click on the "edit" icon for the post.

-- Jack Krupansky

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home