Sunday, September 10, 2006

Web logging before blogs - 2001

Blogging tools have been around for a number of years now, but I only began to use them less than two years ago. As I was sorting through my memories of 9/11, I recalled that I had written a number of online diary entries since I was in Washington, D.C. at the time and living in both DC and NYC.

If you're curious how some us us "blogged" without formal blogging tools five years ago or are curious about my notes from 9/11 and the weeks that followed, check out my "diary" of life in Washington, DC after the 9/11 terrorist attack.

Also check out my numerous 9/11-related posts on my Political Desk blog.

There were blogging tools available at the time, but I was already publishing web sites and used to creating web pages for text content. It was more natural for me to post a new page than to "blog". These days, it is so easy to blog via email rather than using a web page editor. I composed the text of this post in Microsoft Outlook Express and simply emailed it to the email in-box for my Blogger blog. The rest of the publishing happens auto-magically.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home