Sunday, January 29, 2006

Get paid to search the Web?

The MyPoints service emailed me a survey this morning which inquired as to my interest in them possibly offering a Web search feature on their web site for which I would earn points for each Web search I performed. The survey didn't give a lot of details and there was no committment to actually offer this service, but it was intriguing, to me.

I like the idea: being paid to search the Web.

I do keyword searches probably dozens of times every day.

I'm a subscriber to the MyPoints service (since 1999), which basically sends me a bunch of emails each week (maybe one or two or three every day or two) and I get five points for each offer that I click on. The points can be redeemed for a variety of products and services. For example, you can get a $25 gift card for Barnes & Noble for 3,250 points, which means that a 5-point click is worth about 3.8 cents or 0.77 cents per point. Occasionally there are surveys that give you ten or 50 points. Some offers give you extra points simply for registering on offered Web sites. And, you can earn larger numbers of points by actually buying stuff through the email offers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to them offering this new service.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home