Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Blogger outage

Just when I was ready to post that Blogger was working fine, I get a message notifying me that Blogger is down due to "planned maintenance" from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).  Thanks for the advance notice.  Why force an outage during "prime time"?  Duh!
 
It's now 6:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) and still no Blogger... OOPS!  My blog just came up, but my email post to my Finaxyz.com blog also bounced with the following error text:
Blogger could not process your message at this time.

Error code: 6.9340A4
It's truly appalling that a company like Google is unable to build a fault-tolerant, industrial-grade distributed computing network so that components of the network can be incrementally updated without forcing a total outage like this.
 
Who knows if this email post will be properly processed or bounced or lost.  Oh well, you get what you pay for.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home